Welcome!

First off.. Happy October! (My favorite month!)

 A few months ago, I decided I wanted to start studying and learn about alternative medicine, natural therapies, and healing foods. This sparked my interest to learn more about dieting and whole foods. I started eating better, and taking better care of my body. Since I've been doing so, I've been feeling amazing, sleeping better.. mentally feeling better everyday, and my skin has never looked so good before.

In turn, this sparked my creativity, thinking that I could write about interesting things I'm learning, and sharing my healthy recipes here.

Honestly though, dieting is something I've struggled with, like most people. You want to eat better, and you want to take better care of your body.. but you often find yourself eating whatever is convenient, or if you're like me.. you gravitate to comfort food when you're feeling stressed.. especially french fries.. mmm

Anyways, I've been pretty good sticking to my diet for the most part, for about a month.. however, I do let myself have a few "treats" every once in awhile, because it makes me happy :p

I've been experimenting in the kitchen, trying to come up with delicious and healthy, feel-good-meals, that are hubby approved. I've gotten lots of requests to share my recipes.. so I will be posting more of them here soon. It's been tricky and honestly a little pricey switching out ingredients for healthy alternatives, but I'm pretty sure it will pay off.

I don't really believe in strictly sticking to one said diet, everyone is different, and I think your diet should be customized to your body's needs.

Once you get into the groove it gets a whole lot easier, especially when you find some easy recipes you love. When you eat healthy, your whole body will glow, and your natural beauty will shine a little bit brighter.

So I'm going to end this first post, with one of my favorite recipes.. a super creamy, and yummy.. protein frappuccino shake! If you know me, chocolate is my weakness. This curbs that sweet-tooth craving, and you won't feel guilty later! This makes a delicious mid-day picker upper, or a great way to jump start your day!



 Here's what you need:
(Makes 1 serving)

1 frozen banana
1 cup of almond or coconut milk
1 cup brewed espresso (chilled)
2 tsp cacao powder
couple dashes of cinnamon
1 tsp pure organic maple syrup
1 scoop protein powder (I used hemp powder)
1 scoop collagen peptides
Small handful of ice

Blend together and enjoy!! :)

I'm sooo so excited to FINALLY have my first blog up and running!! What would you like me to see share here? I'd love to hear suggestions/etc. For now I'm planning to have a new article to share every Sunday, be sure to click the subscribe button at the top of my page to get notifications right to your inbox!

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post, I appreciate your support!

Have a happy healthy day!

      - Sienna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avocado Freezer Fudge